Essentials of Living Room Interior Designs
Interior design for living room requires some essential elements such as:
Upholstered furniture with fabric or leather is the most comfortable, but mixing in some wooden arm chair or a rocking chair will create a more selective room design.
Seating can include:
• Loveseat, chaise lounge, settee and chair
• Ottomans and benches
The table surface is important for drinks, books, magazines, remotes, etc. Also, table could be a foundation for lamps and accessories. There are common types of tables such as:
• Coffee table or ottoman with a tray.
• Side tables or end tables.
• Consoles or sofa tables.
There are two essential types of lighting:
• Task lamps with strong illumination.
• General room lighting (this should be adjustable so that you can move from soft low-level to brighter one).
• Keep them within the style of your living room furniture.
• Depend on the ornamental and essential needs of your living room.
• Hard window treatments include blinds, wooden windows, screens and specialty glass applications.
• Soft window treatments involve the use of fabric in draperies, curtains and valances.
5. Color and Texture:
Add color and texture to your interior design with:
• Wall treatments (paint, wallpaper, faux finishes).
• Fabric on your furniture or cushions.
• Floor and rugs.
• Accessories and artwork.
• Window treatments.
The focal points
If you have a fireplace, set your sofa or largest furniture piece in front of the fireplace.
• Entertainment Centers:
Most living room designs are comfortable for family members to gather and watch television. There are some choices for supporting the television range such as wall units with bookcases attached.
• Views of Nature:
The living room requires a large open window to allow the outdoor view.